A contextual Ell addition to a National Register 1732 timber frame thru-hall colonial home with 1930’s additions enhances livability and flexibility of the restored structure.
Comfort, sociability, tradition, style, and accessibility considerations drive the restoration and addition to this landmark home on the Wellesley campus.
Architectural design work for the 2,700 square-foot renovation and 2,400 square-foot addition included:
/ Addition consisting of master suite, kitchen and living room, garage, foyer, laundry room, toilet and porch.
/ Kitchen design, driveway access, site paths, and floor plan allow use for catering events for 40-60 people
/ Improvements to structure, mechanical systems, thermal performance, and plumbing of colonial house
/ Historic interiors restored as guest rooms, living room and office zoned separately from master suite